Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Faith of a Little Child

My six year old daughter, Eunice wrote me a series of "Dollar/Ringgit" notes since yesterday. One of the advantages of working from home is the opportunity to catch these moments of child-like truth that creates such a "warm-spot" in my heart! My training business has been somewhat affected by the current economic conditions and this fact is not unnoticed by those at home. Little did I know that my six year old cared enough to start printing money for her daddy so that - in her words - "Daddy will now have more money for the family."

You know something? Having this stack of hand-written "monetary notes" gives me a deep sense of richness that money cannot buy. It is true that life is a challenge and a struggle but that which is a trial should activate a certain child-likeness towards my Heavenly Father who is in control. "...for your Heavenly Father knows" (Matthew 6:32). Thank you God for your handwritten assurance through these notes which I believe is as solid as gold when transacted with eyes of faith. I serve a God who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment