Monday, January 26, 2009

Crafting Family Time

Took time off yesterday morning for an "art attack" with the family. We had so much fun creating "character rocks" that I may consider making this a weekly event! One thing I learn from my wife is this : If it's important enough, it must be important enough to be scheduled in.

It is funny how we often complain that the kids grow up too fast and yet, it might be because we are too slow to schedule in the time for them! The extent of my commitment to my family can easily be revealed when one reads my appointment diary for the week. Making time is more than just doing something together - fundamentally, it is about creating memories and traditions that will stick - from one generation to the next. And this is a role that I as a father cannot afford to neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment