Sunday, November 14, 2010

Arrival in Maui ... Finally.

Me and my usual Latte at the Honolulu Airport - awaiting the flight to Maui.







So, we are now finally in Maui..... The baggage collection and the shuttle ride all went very smoothly and we arrived in Kihei at about 5pm. Jimmi, our RC (Resident Coordinator) will be our father/mother for the next 25 days - the advice given is simple : DO NOT SLEEP .. wait till the night hours before you hit the sack else the jet lag effect will linger on! There is a cable internet connection in the bedroom ... so this will make the Skype calls home much easier. Wonder what's for dinner tonight?



This is Gary - a retired school principal who is a volunteer. I am so encouraged to see a team of dedicated volunteers greeting us at the entrance and the team could just sense their spirit of servanthood immediately! After showing me around the facilities in the room, he concluded by saying a special prayer for me - talk about first-class service! Am staying in Room 236 - had a really good shower just now and will be going for dinner in about 15 minutes time. My room-mate has not arrived yet ... hmm, I wonder who is the Holy Spirit sending to be with me for the next 25 days?


No comments:

Post a Comment