Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day of Warmth, Walks & Water

Woke up at 5.00am today so that I can jog for 30 mins. This was the scene which greeted me at my room's balcony as I took time to meditate on the first three verses of Matthew 5. My devotional project during the time here in the institute is to memorize Matthew chapter 5 (together with my family).

After breakfast and a morning briefing, a group of us walked around the neighborhood checking out the stores, a public beach and also planning for upcoming sight seeing trips. Am thankful that we have capable leaders in our group who knows what to do! Checked out a rental company - we are considering hiring a 15-seater passenger van! Standing next to me above is Kim - a Pastor from South Korea.

Together with Irwin (Malaysia) and Deigo (Argentina), we will form the first team that will be leading the worship session tomorrow morning. It's great to be worshiping with believers from different nations. A foretaste of heaven!

We had the first official function today i.e. the "Welcome Games". I was selected to be the leader of the "Golden Conquerors" team. Tough job to lead a team of leaders because everyone is so capable! I feel more like a follower than a leader.

Getting the most water around tough obstacles....

Too bad, we had much shorter ropes compared to the next team! We lost this one. The ropes were given "lucky draw" style. Still, we had fun!

The guy in the Brazilian shirt is REALLY a Brazilian! Can't say the same for Mgullu who is wearing the Manchester United shirt (He is from Tanzania!). Well, guys bond well through activities, that I can say.....

No comments:

Post a Comment