Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Weekend & Weekstart

On Saturday, the sessions end at 5.00pm, so we had time to take a walk down to the nearby beach here in Kihei. Managed to catch the beautiful sun-set. Plan to catch the sun-rise in another place (up a volcanic mountain) in 2 weeks time - that would be an adventure! It was a good to catch the beach breeze at the conclusion of our first week of training here at the Institute (and 3 more weeks to go!).

On Sunday, a few of us went to Kihei Baptist Church where we attended both the adult Sunday School and the Sunday Service. The one thing that impressed me was the session of spontaneous testimonies - that drives home the authenticity of faith in Christ.

Seated with my two brothers from South Africa - Cecil & Kovilan (who is a faculty).

A glorious lunch (with turkey and ham!) was served after Service. I guess with Thanksgiving (Nov 25) around the corner, the lunch spread was a signal of many more goodies to come! This is Mitra from Nepal who pastors a family-based church. He really has a heart to strengthen families.

This is my rental bike (....only kidding). It is a Honda - missed the driver. My other friend from Bangladesh managed to hitch a ride back to the Institute on this bike!

Today, Monday 22 Nov is the start of an intensive week ahead (7am to 7pm). What was remarkable about today was that we kick-started with a live Skype conference with the founder himself! That's me seated in front on the far right.

Here's the founder - 86 years strong! And it is amazing how the Lord used him and I am even more humbled by the fact that he took time to answer the question I asked. It came to me as such a strong, personal Rhema word from the Lord. Just the catalyst I need for this coming week. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment